We had an exceptional number of abstracts this year and wanted to give as many people as possible chance to present, but this means that we have a very full program. Please show respect to your fellow speakers, the chairs and the audience by keeping to the instructions outlined below.
ORAL PRESENTATION INFORMATION
Key Oral Presentations have 12 minutes allocated. The presentation should last no longer than 10 minutes maximum to allow 2 minutes time for a discussion after the talk.
Short Oral Presentations have 4 minutes allocated. The presentation should include 3 slides for display and last no longer than 3 minutes maximum to allow 1 minute time for a discussion after the talk.
POSTER PRESENTATION INFORMATION
The accepted posters will be presented as printed posters. All posters will appear on poster boards in the poster area and are available for viewing for participants at all times during the conference.
• All the material necessary for attaching the poster to the poster board is available at the posters’ help desk in the respective poster area.
• Setup time starts at 5 pm on Thursday, November 14, 2019. All posters must be set up at the latest by 8am on Friday, November 15, 2019. Posters have to be taken down or will be removed and tossed at 7:30pm on Saturday, November 16, 2019.
• All poster presenters have assigned certain slots during coffee breaks, during which they are expected to be present at their posters. The schedule as below.
• Poster presenters with odd numbers should be at their poster on November 15, 2019 between 10:30 and 11:00 and on November 16, 2019 between 10:30 and 11:00.
• Poster presenters with even numbers should be at their poster on November 15, 2019 between 16:30 and 17:00 and on November 16, 2019 between 16:30 and 17:00.
• Format of the posters is portrait
• The size of each poster is maximum 110cm in height and 90 cm in width
• A clear, simple and uncluttered arrangement is the most attractive and the easiest to read
• Abstract title, author(s) and affiliation(s) should appear on top of the poster
• The title should be approximately 3in (7cm) high
• All text should be legible from a distance of approximately 5ft (1.50m). Type size should be at least 24 point, in bold style. The typeface chosen should be a simple and clear one (e.g. Helvetica or Arial)
• Colour should be used sparingly, to provide contrast
• Illustrations should be simple and eye-catching, with unnecessary detail left out. If possible, convert tables to graphic displays. Pie charts can be used to show parts of a whole, line graphs can be used to show trends or changing relationships, and bar graphs can be used to show volumes
• Photos should be enlarged enough to show relevant details
To see the posters presented at SIOG 2019 please click here.